Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Richardsons Furniture may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer serviceInformation you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experienceWe may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our SiteWe may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process paymentsWe may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To share your information with third partiesWe may share or sell information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site featureTo send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emailsWe may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Update to Privacy Statement
This Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The purpose of this statement is to assure you that we recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of our clients; and to explain what happens to the personal information we collect and how we ensure its best protection.
We comply, and ensure we are up to date, with legislation and we do not sell, share or transfer information except as set out in this Privacy Statement.
We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Website or via e-mail or post - any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and to keep the information stored on our computers and paper files safe.
Legislation gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
We may use information provided by you in the following ways:-
1. To process your order and to contact you regarding an order
2. To provide you with special offers and information
3. In accordance with the Financial Services Authority Regulations and Inland Revenue or Companies House Legislation
Apart from as set out in this statement we will not disclose your information to any other third party without your written consent.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Richardson's Fine Furnishings
01283 223 600
This document was last updated on March 24th, 2018
Re: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As you are no doubt aware, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25th May 2018. If you are not yet familiar with the data protection changes being introduced you can find out more from https://ico.org.uk/
We will only use data for legitimate business needs, such as processing orders, deliveries, credit checks and payments or for operational reasons and we will always ensure that we take all reasonable precautions to protect data. Typically this information will be:
Contact Telephone Number(s) – which may include personal mobile telephone numbers
Email Address(s) – which may include personal email addresses
Accounting – i.e. Debit & Credit Card Payment Information, credit checks, references etc.
It is important that you provide your consent when placing an order for Richardsons to continue to collect, process and retain this type of data.
At any point, you may request access to data that we hold for you (a reasonable fee may be chargeable to cover administration costs) or you may withdraw your consent.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.